Veneers in Burr Ridge, IL
Dental veneers, including Lumineers, are crafted out of porcelain, as well as other materials. They are designed to fit over your existing teeth to create the desired shape, appearance, and color to help highlight your smile.
If you have noticed that your teeth are not as white as they used to be, and whitening doesn’t work, or you are tired of having to go through the process time and time again, then veneers may be the right option. The best way to know for sure is to contact our team at 1st Family Dental for more information.
The Application Process
The application process is actually quite simple and pretty painless.
– The first step is for your dentist to take the shade of your natural teeth to ensure that the color of the veneers matches your natural smile.
– If necessary the dentist will then trim your teeth to ensure there is room for the veneers to fit over them.
– An impression of your natural teeth is made to ensure they fit perfectly over your existing teeth.
At this point, the veneers are fabricated in the dental lab. At your next appointment, your dentist will etch the teeth and bond the veneer to the surface. Approximately one week after they are in place, you will return for a follow-up visit with the dentist to see how everything looks.
What can Veneers Correct?
There are a number of dental issues that veneers can effectively correct. This includes the following:
– Discolored teeth that don’t respond to teeth whitening
– Teeth that appear worn or that have lost their prior shape
– Broken or chipped teeth
– Teeth that are out of alignment, irregularly shaped, or uneven
– Teeth that have gaps in between them
How to Care for Your Veneers
Veneers are thin, but they are also extremely durable. As a result, the care process is the same as your regular teeth. Brush and floss them twice daily and make sure to contact your dentist if you notice any issues or problems with the way they look.
Is It Right for You?
If you have noticed that your teeth do not look as good as you would like, then it may be time to look into this option. This dental treatment helps to fix a number of common issues you may be facing.
Generally speaking, veneers are only right for those who have overall good oral health. In most cases, it is best to schedule a consultation with your dentist to determine if veneers are a viable option. If they are, our team at 1st Family Dental can begin working with you to help you get the smile you have always wanted. Contact us today to learn more. We are excited to help you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile that you are proud to show off.